}}E-F{{*CLAN*
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
}}E-F{{*CLAN*

BF2 Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Map rotation.

Go down 
+9
deepfried
BLoeD
}}E-F{{Siliam Whatner
}}E-F{{*GoA*CJ*
FukdUpSoldia
Polymon
devildoc5reg
*}}E-F{{*Hammer*JR*
StayGold
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
StayGold

StayGold

Map rotation. Empty
PostSubject: Map rotation.   Map rotation. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 7:02 am

I think we should throw in iron gator infantry only. You can make it to where its only on the ship so we wouldn't have to use the boats. I've done some research and lots of players really like iron gator infantry only. Just have to get used to the hallways and rooms that would get you lost the first few times playing there. I think its worth a try. If it works great, if it doesn't, take it out of rotation. Smile
Back to top Go down

Map rotation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map rotation.   Map rotation. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 8:02 am

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

................................................. pale pale pale pale pale

mmm lets see what others say study personally I'm one of those that gets lost... No
Back to top Go down
StayGold

StayGold

Map rotation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map rotation.   Map rotation. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 8:49 am

I used to get lost also!! but once you play it a few times, you find it very easy! GIVE IT A CHANCE. Very Happy ps ghost is a noobie and I want to 1vs1 against him Wink
Back to top Go down
*}}E-F{{*Hammer*JR*

*}}E-F{{*Hammer*JR*

Map rotation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map rotation.   Map rotation. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 9:01 am

I get lost tooo........i camp in heli Very Happy
Back to top Go down
devildoc5reg

Map rotation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map rotation.   Map rotation. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 10:13 am

having been in the navy the THOUGHT of ships makes me wanna barf..... (no NOT seasickness, disgust of the memories both good and REALLY good Twisted Evil )

However I am open to almost anything (as far as in the game) ((CJ I am NOT runcali) Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down

Map rotation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map rotation.   Map rotation. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 10:57 am

StayGold wrote:
Very Happy ps ghost is a noobie and I want to 1vs1 against him Wink

get in line everyone wants a piece lol!

but ya i'm willing to try out iron gator I suppose
Back to top Go down
*}}E-F{{*Hammer*JR*

*}}E-F{{*Hammer*JR*

Map rotation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map rotation.   Map rotation. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 11:12 am

I hear a challenge coming on Razz
Back to top Go down
Polymon

Polymon

Map rotation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map rotation.   Map rotation. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 4:29 pm

Ghost wrote:
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

................................................. pale pale pale pale pale

mmm lets see what others say study personally I'm one of those that gets lost... No

You can consistantly kill people from great distances in 1-3 shots and yet you get lost easily? bounce But I hear ya, I'm the same way. There's nothing worse than take a path that leads right below the flag you were trying to get to.

But Iron Gator is cool besides that, I think we should give it a try.
Back to top Go down

Map rotation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map rotation.   Map rotation. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 5:18 pm

pff you know poly if i didnt know better I'd say that was hostile lol lol!

but ya kind of hard to 3 hit ko people when your running around below deck on that blasted ship... in iron-gator. lol! and good luck killing anyone with a grenade launcher when ur meeting people face to face in 1 inch combat lol gonna be luck of the draw who starts shooting first bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
StayGold

StayGold

Map rotation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map rotation.   Map rotation. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 10:20 pm

I like the suprise factor in this map, running around not knowing where the enemy will pop up at. Its just fun to me. Sneaking around, and once you get to know the map, it is really fun. One of my favorite sf maps as of right now. Been playing on a vehicle server but infantry only would be amazingly fun also.
Back to top Go down
Polymon

Polymon

Map rotation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map rotation.   Map rotation. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 11:25 pm

Yeah, but it's hard to get where you want to go even if you know the map. Unlike most maps you can't jump to whichever flag is near you which I find annoying. It does have its advantages though, like the enemies lurking around the corner inside the ship (which you mentioned). I would probably enjoy it much more without all the annoying helicopters and occasional APC anyway.
Back to top Go down
devildoc5reg

Map rotation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map rotation.   Map rotation. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 12:43 am

ok I didnt think that I would be the only one to bring this up but I guess so, so here it is:

Lets think about this idea logically here for a second a map with lots of stairs and really tiny skinny corridors (AKA Passageways) + CJ = ????????????

First one to do the above homework assigment correctly and turn it in get s a hero cookie..... Study hard and remember

TEAR IT UP!!!
Back to top Go down
FukdUpSoldia

FukdUpSoldia

Map rotation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map rotation.   Map rotation. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 1:39 am

sounds like a good idea, bold idea to bring iron into rotation, iron would need to be paired up with sumthin like ghost town immediately afterwards though.
Back to top Go down
}}E-F{{*GoA*CJ*
Admin
}}E-F{{*GoA*CJ*

Map rotation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map rotation.   Map rotation. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 2:12 am

devildoc5reg wrote:
ok I didnt think that I would be the only one to bring this up but I guess so, so here it is:

Lets think about this idea logically here for a second a map with lots of stairs and really tiny skinny corridors (AKA Passageways) + CJ = ????????????

First one to do the above homework assigment correctly and turn it in get s a hero cookie..... Study hard and remember

TEAR IT UP!!!
I like hallways ! LoL
Back to top Go down
https://efclanforum.forumotion.com
}}E-F{{Siliam Whatner
Admin
}}E-F{{Siliam Whatner

Map rotation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map rotation.   Map rotation. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 3:44 am

Seems like every few months this suggestion commes up...if i'm not mistaken we have tried it before and the number of people on the server dropped drastically..?
Back to top Go down
devildoc5reg

Map rotation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map rotation.   Map rotation. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 7:40 am

see Kids this is what happens when you get drunk ^^^^^^^^ You forget the right words. Sorry for the disrespect guys.

Tear it Down!!!!
Back to top Go down
*}}E-F{{*Hammer*JR*

*}}E-F{{*Hammer*JR*

Map rotation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map rotation.   Map rotation. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 8:28 am

Iron Gator also has very VERY short rounds like 20min tops.

Both teams have 100 tickets.
Back to top Go down

Map rotation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map rotation.   Map rotation. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 6:58 pm

hammerjr wrote:
Iron Gator also has very VERY short rounds like 20min tops.

Both teams have 100 tickets.

thats true if its infantry - with vehicles I believe it can go over 100
Back to top Go down
}}E-F{{*GoA*CJ*
Admin
}}E-F{{*GoA*CJ*

Map rotation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map rotation.   Map rotation. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 7:18 pm

yes very true it flopped and we lost alot of people at map change]
Back to top Go down
https://efclanforum.forumotion.com
StayGold

StayGold

Map rotation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map rotation.   Map rotation. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 6:12 am

No worries, my internet is acting up really bad now so I wouldn't even be able to play anyway. I can only play on this one server without getting connection problems. Its very weird. When I play on our server I get the "there is a problem with your connection" message pop up every min or so and it stay theres for about 10 seconds and then goes away, very annoying. In this one server where my ping is around 45-50 I don't get the message at all but I don't like that server near as much as ours, I'm hoping to get a new router soon but its 50 bucks are I don't have that kind of money and my family isn't good on cash right now either, it is a bummer but I have to deal with it, sorry guys if I can't play that much, but in the meantime, I'm going to try to find some way to get the cash and be back in the server.
Back to top Go down
devildoc5reg

Map rotation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map rotation.   Map rotation. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 8:10 am

the other thing you might wanna try if you are getting connection issues is to "recon" (acquire for temporary use, with the intent to return, whether it gets returned or not) ((I dont advocate stealing)) an ethernet cable and plug it in and see. That would only be a couple bucks at the store versus 50 bucks or so..... Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
StayGold

StayGold

Map rotation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map rotation.   Map rotation. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 12:27 pm

I have an ethernet cable going from the router to my computer, the router is in my step dads room. The router is the problem.
Back to top Go down

Map rotation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map rotation.   Map rotation. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 5:37 pm

StayGold wrote:
I have an ethernet cable going from the router to my computer, the router is in my step dads room. The router is the problem.

maybe or you have a crease in the ethernet cable that you cannot see and its causeing connection disruption because it takes a certain amount of stress on it to join certain servers and that crease is just enough to boggle its little electric mind Shocked wow I sound uber computer tech nerdy

study
Back to top Go down
StayGold

StayGold

Map rotation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map rotation.   Map rotation. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 7:06 pm

what is a crease? and I don't think its the cable because my step dad has been having connection problems too.
Back to top Go down
devildoc5reg

Map rotation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map rotation.   Map rotation. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 7:12 pm

crease (krs)
n.
1. A line made by pressing, folding, or wrinkling.
2. Sports
a. A rectangular area marked off in front of the goal in hockey and lacrosse.
b. One of the lines in cricket marking off the positions of the bowler and batter or the space between two of these lines.
v. creased, creas·ing, creas·es
v.tr.
1. To make a pressed, folded, or wrinkled line in.
2. To graze or wound superficially with a bullet.

something that is disrupting the signal source. Could even be that the ethernet cable runs too close to a high(ish) voltage elctrical source, or a microwave or fridge or even a tv causing em interference:

EMI (electromagnetic interference) is the disruption of operation of an electronic device when it is in the vicinity of an electromagnetic field (EM field) in the radio frequency (RF) spectrum that is caused by another electronic device.

The internal circuits of personal computers generate EM fields in the RF range. Also, cathode ray tube (CRT) displays generate EM energy over a wide band of frequencies. These emissions can interfere with the performance of sensitive wireless receivers nearby. If you have a wireless receiver of any kind and use it at the same time as you operate your personal computer, you will probably hear RF noise in the receiver that originates in the PC system.

Moderate- or high-powered wireless transmitters can produce EM fields strong enough to upset the operation of electronic equipment nearby. If you live near a broadcast station or in the downtown area of a large city, you have probably experienced EMI from radio or television transmitters. Cordless telephones, home entertainment systems, computers, and certain medical devices can fail to work properly in the presence of strong RF fields.

Problems with EMI can be minimized by ensuring that all electronic equipment is operated with a good electrical ground system. In addition, cords and cables connecting the peripherals in an electronic or computer system should, if possible, be shielded to keep unwanted RF energy from entering or leaving. Specialized components such as line filters, capacitors, and inductors can be installed in power cords and interconnecting cables to reduce the EMI susceptibility of some systems. Before performing any modifications to equipment, contact the manufacturer for technical assistance. This is especially important if modifications might void an existing warranty, and it is imperative with medical devices of any kind.

Just a few things to consider before deciding it is the router and not something that can be fixed much much easier.

P.S. I gotta you beat in the "super computer nerdiness"....... lol Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
StayGold

StayGold

Map rotation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map rotation.   Map rotation. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 7:44 pm

well the cord does run behind my tv and under the air conditioner but its never been a problem before.
Back to top Go down

Map rotation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map rotation.   Map rotation. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 9:22 pm

lol devil you copy / pasted that directly from a google search LMAO lol! lol! lol! lol! Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
devildoc5reg

Map rotation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map rotation.   Map rotation. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 2:06 am

doesn't matter I still had the nerdiest response. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
devildoc5reg

Map rotation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map rotation.   Map rotation. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 2:09 am

notice there are two different possibilities listed. 1. A crease in the cable somewhere. 2. EM Interference.

Although there are two these problems do not have to be mutually exclusive.

An ethernet cable consists of paired wires wrapped inside of insulation. That INSULATION gets creased and can make it easier for EMI to occur.

Not saying this is your problem, however it is a whole lot cheaper than a new router. Might wanna give it a try.
Back to top Go down
StayGold

StayGold

Map rotation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map rotation.   Map rotation. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 4:48 am

yeah but why would my step dad get the same problem if it was the ethernet cable?
Back to top Go down
BLoeD

BLoeD

Map rotation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map rotation.   Map rotation. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 9:39 am

Think we could try the Iron-Map.

But i always have to walk after a teammate bcause i really DONT know where i am
on that ship ! Close Combat Ummmmmh !
Back to top Go down
devildoc5reg

Map rotation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map rotation.   Map rotation. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 9:52 am

feel ya on that one Bloed.......

Not saying it is your problem just offering up cheaper things to try before you go out and get a new expensive router.
Back to top Go down
deepfried

deepfried

Map rotation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map rotation.   Map rotation. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 2:13 pm

stay right behind me bloed, i know the gator very well
Back to top Go down

Map rotation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map rotation.   Map rotation. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 3:07 pm

well if bloeds following you I will follow bloed I'm clueless when it comes to iron gator... we can get a little parade going lol!
Back to top Go down
BLoeD

BLoeD

Map rotation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map rotation.   Map rotation. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 4:02 pm

Yahooooo, that would be fine Laughing
Back to top Go down
Gunsudown363

Gunsudown363

Map rotation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map rotation.   Map rotation. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 4:28 pm

Ghost wrote:
well if bloeds following you I will follow bloed
And I'd follow you.

We'll have the entire team following one person, and the rest of the ship will get swept by enemies that know where they're going!
lol!
Back to top Go down
}}E-F{{Runcali831

}}E-F{{Runcali831

Map rotation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map rotation.   Map rotation. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 4:54 pm

damn lol ill follow ghost!
he stays alive alot!
FANTASMA!!!!
haha
-El VAto king
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/rufflez
devildoc5reg

Map rotation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map rotation.   Map rotation. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 1:00 am

I kinda got an idea to tack on to this one. Seems that iron gator frieghter has been tried before but with no success. However has anyone tried (dont laugh) Surge? I mean yeah it's a big map and all, but I have noticed wuite a few players online seem to like it and it is not as easy for all of you unnavigating (insert whatever lame word you wanna use here) to get lost on.

I guess what I am saying is this would be something to consider if we are considering adding a new map every now and then to bring in new recruits. However if it is something that we are doing purely for our selves and if recruits come they come then we should just put up a forum vote and let everyone log in with their answers. Just an idea or two that popped into my head.........

(they are few and far between these days)
Back to top Go down
}}E-F{{ Neumonic

}}E-F{{ Neumonic

Map rotation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map rotation.   Map rotation. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 11:57 am

I wouldn't mind tossing out a vote for maps just to see what people think, might be worth a week of trial?
Back to top Go down

Map rotation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map rotation.   Map rotation. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 12:54 pm

}}E-F{{ Neumonic wrote:
I wouldn't mind tossing out a vote for maps just to see what people think, might be worth a week of trial?

I agree I think its an excellent idea to create a poll on maps bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Map rotation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map rotation.   Map rotation. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Map rotation.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
}}E-F{{*CLAN* :: New Ideas !-
Jump to: